Writing Effective HR & E-Policies to Manage Behavior, Maximize Compliance
Date: August 7, 2012
Time: 2:00 PM- 3:30 PM CST
Live Webinar- $200
The live webinar option allows you to have one telephone connection for the audio portion and one Internet connection (from a single computer terminal) to view online visuals as the presentation is delivered. You may have as many people as you like listen from your office speaker phone. Registrants receive a toll-free number and pass code that allow entrance to the seminar. The session will be approximately 90 minutes, including question and answer sessions. Seminar materials, including instructions, PIN number, and handouts will be emailed to you prior to the broadcast. You will need the most-current version of Adobe Reader available free at www.adobe.com.
Can’t attend the live webinar? The on-demand web link is a recording of the live event, including audio, visuals, and handouts. We even provide the presenter’s email address so you may ask follow-up questions. Approximately one week prior to the webinar, you will receive an email with the web link. This web link can be viewed anytime 24/7, beginning 6 business days after the webinar and will expire 6 months after the live program date.
As an added bonus, you will also receive a FREE audio/visual CD ROM.* The CD ROM includes the original audio/visual presentation, the question and answer sessions, and the handouts. Use the on-demand link or this “off-the-shelf” training program for those that could not attend the live seminar and for future training. (LIMITED AVAILABILITY: The on-demand web link and CD ROM may ONLY be ordered for 6 months following the webinar. Neither the link nor CD will be available after this time.)
Both Live Webinar & On-Demand Web Link- $250
Options 1 and 2 described above (Included free CD Rom)
Special Registration Option for member credit unions under $20 million- $169
On-demand link only (does not include CD or live webinar)
All organizations need effectively-written business policies. Strategic implementation of a program that combines written rules with employee education (supported by policy management tools) can minimize or prevent costly and protracted risks, while mandating appropriate business behavior, and maximizing compliance with legal, regulatory, and organizational guidelines.
Here are three good reasons why every credit union needs effective written policies:
1. Credit unions are obligated to maintain lawful and civil business environments. Written policies can communicate formal rules to everyone – from full-time employees to independent contractors.
2. Compliance cannot be expected from an uninformed workforce. Effective written policies set forth what constitutes appropriate, acceptable, and lawful business behavior.
3. In case of a lawsuit or regulatory investigation, effective written policies will help demonstrate adherence to best practices and a commitment to operating a civil, compliant business environment.
Regardless of your comfort, skill, or experience as a policy writer, this program will improve the quality and effectiveness of your credit union’s policy writing, training, and compliance management program.
- Proven three-step formula for policy writing success
- How to apply the ABCs of effective policy writing
- How and why you should conduct an annual policy audit
- Smartphones, social media, web 2.0: 21st century technology tools require 21st century rules and policies
- Best practices for writing effective policies
- Why and how you must support written policy with effective employee training
- Using technology to automate policy management
- Applying the 3-Es of policy compliance management: establish policy, educate employees and enforce policy compliance
A recognized expert on workplace e-mail policy,
management and communications, Nancy is the founder and executive director of
The ePolicy Institute™. The Institute is
dedicated to helping employers limit e-mail risks, including litigation and
regulatory investigations, via policy, training, and technology.Z